4th Edition | PIANO
9th-16th September 2022
1. The present regulations (hereafter referred to as the ‘Regulations’) set out the principles governing participation in the 4th edition of BISMA, hereafter referred to as the ‘Academy’. The course organiser is the STRETTO Music Foundation, ul. Cechowa 13 a, 30-614 Kraków, hereafter the ‘Foundation’.
2. Academy will run from 9th to 16th September 2022 in the Krzysztof Penderecki European Centre of Music in Luslawice, Poland.
3. Academy is intended for students and graduates of institutions of higher musical education and for particularly talented pupils of secondary schools of music. These Individuals who declare to attend Academy will be termed hereafter ‘Participants’.
4. The masterclasses will be given by the following professors:
- DMITRI ALEXEEV
- GRIGORY GRUZMAN
- JULIA KOCIUBAN
- GUISEPPE GUARRERA
5. Every participant is guaranteed four (4) lessons of 60 minutes (two with chosen professor from the group I and two with the chosen professor from the group II )
6. Each course during the Academy will be activated with a maximum number of 17 participants. The higher maximum number will be established by each Professor or exceptionally by the Director. The number of accepted Participants is limited.
7. Online application form must be filled out and submitted by all students. The deadline for the submission is JULY 1st 2022. The Director reserves the right to accept late submissions under exceptional circumstances. The application form must be filled out on the official website of the Academy (www.bisma.pl).
8. The final decision regarding the acceptance of Participant for the Academy will be taken by the Director and one of the Professors, based on the video recording submitted via the online application form and the participant’s biography. That decision will be communicated to the Participant by email no later than 14th July 2022. The decision to accept or reject a Participant is final and cannot be appealed.
9. The Foundation reserves the right to assign a Participant to another masterclass, where space allows, in the following cases: a large number of applications; a Professor not accepting a Participant for his/her class; some other exceptional circumstances.
10. The Foundation will not take any responsibilities for the Participants under 16 years old. The participation of those will be possible only with the presence of a parent or an official statement from his/her parents allowing the participation on his/her own.
11. Participants are obliged to pay the course fee no later than 14 days after receiving the confirmation of their place on the Academy.
12. The total course fee of the Academy is 600 EUR.
13. The fee includes:
- 4 masterclasses (60 minutes each)
- the possibility of individual practice sessions in the studios of the Krzysztof Penderecki European Centre of Music in Luslawice
- accommodation in a single room in the Krzysztof Penderecki European Centre of Music in Luslawice
- the possibility of taking part in the public concerts and other activities organized by the Academy
14. Upon acceptance of participation, reimbursement of the course fee will not be allowed in case of withdrawal from the Academy.
15. During the Academy, there are plans for an online concerts featuring Participants. Each participant will have a right to apply for student concerts. The final program of the concerts will be decided by the Professors.
16. At the end of the week of the Academy professors will nominate four students to take part in the Gala Concert where the International Bacewicz Prize of total value 1000 EUR will be awarded to the best participant of the 2022 BISMA. The decision is final and cannot be appealed.
17. An official certificate of attendance will be issued to each student at the end of Academy.
18. The Foundation is not responsible for any damage to persons or objects which might occur during the Academy in any area reserved for lessons, practicing rooms and concerts.
19. It is Participant’s responsibility to have a valid insurance during his/her stay in Poland for the Academy.
20. The Participant agrees for photographs to be taken and for audio and audiovisual recordings (this includes online broadcast) to be made during the Academy and for them to be used in a manner specified in this Regulations and not limited temporally or territorial, transfers to the Foundation, without the need to make any separate statements, the sole right to use and exploit the above – mentioned materials for an unlimited period of time in Poland and abroad, in all forms and fields of audio-visual and non-audio-visual exploitation. The Participant agrees for the recordings and photographs to be exploited and disseminated.
21. Pursuant to Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (OJ EU L 119 of 04.05.2016), hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”, the Foundation informs that:
• Personal data are controlled by STRETTO Music Foundation, ul. Cechowa 13 a, 30-614 Kraków entered into the public Register of Associations, other Social and Professional Organizations, the Foundation and Independent Public Healthcare Facilities in the District Court for Kraków-Śródmieście in Kraków, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under the number 0000720910, NIP [Tax Identification Number]: 679-31-66-387 phone number: +48 732 779 532, e-mail address: email@example.com
• The personal data of the Participant are processed for the purpose of e-mail correspondence, conclusion and settlement of the contract, as well as to enable the inspection of documents in which the personal data are included by institutions authorised to do so.
• The personal data of the Participant may be transferred to the following recipients or categories of recipients of personal data, i.e. postal operators, courier companies, security companies, law firms, entities handling correspondence.
• The Participant shall have the right to request from Data Controller access to the personal data of the Participant, rectification of personal data, restriction of processing of personal data subject to the cases referred to in Article 18(2) of the GDPR, or the right to object to the processing or to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
• The Participant shall not have right of erasure of personal data and the right to transfer personal data.
• The personal data of the Participant shall be kept for the period necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected; however, they will not be erased before the date of limitation for claims arising from the contract or earlier than the time limits in which the documents containing personal data of the Participant maybe inspected.
• The processing of personal data of the Participant is necessary, supported by law, and does not require the Participant’s consent.
• With regard to the personal data of the Participant, the decisions shall not be taken by automated means in accordance with Article 22 of the GDPR.
22. Any queries regarding the Academy should be made by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or in urgent cases by phone +48 732 779 532.
23. In all matters not decided on by the Professors, decisions will be made by the Director. The Foundation will also resolve any doubts concerning the interpretation of the present regulations.
24. Any disputes will be resolved by the common court proper to the Foundation’s headquarters.
25. The present regulations are drawn up in Polish and English. In case of any doubt regarding their interpretation, the Polish version is valid.
26. By attending the Academy, participant agrees to all the points of the above mentioned Regulations.