Bacewicz International Summer Music Academy
2nd Edition | PIANO
2-8 August 2020 Łódź, Poland
1. The present regulations (hereafter referred to as the ‘Regulations’) set out the principles governing participation in the 2nd Bacewicz International Summer Music Academy, hereafter referred to as the ‘Academy’. The course organiser is the STRETTO Music Foundation, ul. Cechowa 13 a, 30-614 Kraków, hereafter the ‘Foundation’. The Academy is organised in collaboration with the G. and K. Bacewicz University of Music in Łódź, Gdańska 32, 90-716 Łódź, Gdańska 32, 90-716 Łódź, hereafter the ‘University of Music’.
2. Academy will run from 2nd to 8th August 2020 in the buildings of the University of Music.
3. Academy is intended for students and graduates of institutions of higher musical education and for particularly talented pupils of secondary schools of music. These Individuals who declare to attend Academy will be termed hereafter ‘Participants’.
4. The masterclasses will be given by the following professors:
- prof. Claudio Martinez Mehner + Ilya Maximov and Piotr Sałajczyk
- prof. Michel Beroff + Ilya Maximov and Piotr Sałajczyk
5. Every participant is guaranteed four (4) lessons, 60 minutes each.
6. Each course during the Academy will be activated with a maximum number of 15 participants. The higher maximum number will be established by each Professor or exceptionally by the Director. The number of accepted Participants is limited.
7. Online application form must be filled out and submitted by all students. The deadline for the submission is June 1st 2020. The Director reserves the right to accept late submissions under exceptional circumstances. The application form must be filled out on the official website of the Academy (www.bisma.pl) and submitted along with the requested documentation (photo, biography).
8. After submitting online application form, all applicants must send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Short artistic biography in English/Polish
9. The final decision regarding the acceptance of Participant for the Academy will be taken by the Director and one of the Professors, based on the video recording submitted via the online application form and the participant’s biography. That decision will be communicated to the Participant by email no later than 15th June 2020. The decision to accept or reject a Participant is final and cannot be appealed.
10. The Foundation reserve the right to assign a Participant to another masterclass, where space allows, in the following cases: a large number of applications; a Professor not accepting a Participant for his/her class; some other exceptional circumstances.
11. The Foundation and the University of Music will not take any responsibilities for the Participants under 16 years old. The participation of those will be possible only with the presence of a parent or an official statement from his/her parents allowing the participation on his/her own.
12. The total course fee of the Academy is 570 EUR.
13. The fee includes:
- 4 masterclasses (60 minutes each)
- the possibility of individual practice sessions in the rooms at the G. and K. Bacewicz University of Music in Łódź
- accommodation (no food provided) in a shared double/ twin room in the hotel B&B Hotel Łódź Centrum
- the possibility of taking part in the public concerts organised by the Academy
14. Upon acceptance of participation, reimbursement of the course fee will not be allowed in case of withdrawal from the Academy (unless the travel to Poland will not be possible due to closure of the boarders caused by COVID-19).
15. During the Academy, there are plans for a online concerts featuring Participants. Each participant will have a right to apply for student concerts. The final program of the concerts will be decided by the Professors.
16. At the end of the week of the Academy, each senior professor will nominate two students from his/her class to take part in the Gala Concert where the International Bacewicz Prize of total value 1000 EUR will be awarded to the best participant of the 2020 Bacewicz International Summer Music Academy. The decision is final and cannot be appealed.
17. An official certificate of attendance will be issued to each student at the end of Academy.
18. The Foundation and the University of Music is not responsible for any damage to persons or objects which might occur during the Academy in any area reserved for lessons, practicing rooms and concerts.
19. It is Participant’s responsibility to have a valid insurance during his/her stay in Poland for the Academy.
20. The Participant agrees for photographs to be taken and for audio and audiovisual recordings (this includes online broadcast) to be made during the Academy and for them to be used in a manner specified in this Regulations and not limited temporally or territorial, transfers to the Foundation, without the need to make any separate statements, the sole right to use and exploit the above – mentioned materials for an unlimited period of time in Poland and abroad, in all forms and fields of audio-visual and non-audio-visual exploitation. The Participant agrees for the recordings and photographs to be exploited and disseminated.
21. Pursuant to Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council
(EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard
to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and
repealing Directive 95/46/EC (OJ EU L 119 of 04.05.2016), hereinafter referred
to as “GDPR”, the Foundation informs that:
• Personal data are controlled by STRETTO Music Foundation, ul. Cechowa 13 a, 30-614 Kraków entered into the public Register of Associations, other Social and Professional Organizations, the Foundation and Independent Public Healthcare Facilities in the District Court for Kraków-Śródmieście in Kraków, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under the number 0000720910, NIP [Tax Identification Number]: 679-31-66-387 phone number: +48 732 779 532, e-mail address: email@example.com
• The personal data of the Participant are processed for the purpose of e-mail correspondence, conclusion and settlement of the contract, as well as to enable the inspection of documents in which the personal data are included by institutions authorised to do so.
• The personal data of the Participant may be transferred to the following recipients or categories of recipients of personal data, i.e. postal operators, courier companies, security companies, law firms, entities handling correspondence.
• The Participant shall have the right to request from Data Controller access to the personal data of the Participant, rectification of personal data, restriction of processing of personal data subject to the cases referred to in Article 18(2) of the GDPR, or the right to object to the processing or to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
• The Participant shall not have right of erasure of personal data and the right to transfer personal data.
• The personal data of the Participant shall be kept for the period necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected; however, they will not be erased before the date of limitation for claims arising from the contract or earlier than the time limits in which the documents containing personal data of the Participant maybe inspected.
• The processing of personal data of the Participant is necessary, supported by law, and does not require the Participant’s consent.
• With regard to the personal data of the Participant, the decisions shall not be taken by automated means in accordance with Article 22 of the GDPR.
22. Any queries regarding the Academy should be made by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or in urgent cases by phone +48 732 779 532.
23. In all matters not decided on by the Professors, decisions will be made by the Director. The Foundation will also resolve any doubts concerning the interpretation of the present regulations.
24. Any disputes will be resolved by the common court proper to the Foundation’s headquarters.
25. The present regulations are drawn up in Polish and English. In case of any doubt regarding their interpretation, the Polish version is valid.
26. The regulations are required to be signed by every Participant upon arrival during registration on 2nd August 2020 at the temporary office of STRETTO Music Foundation at the G. and K. Bacewicz University of Music in Łódź.