1st Bacewicz International Summer Music Academy
Łódź, 19-26 August 2019
- The present regulations (hereafter referred to as the ‘Regulations’) set out the principles governing participation in the 1st Bacewicz International Summer Music Academy, hereafter referred to as the ‘Academy’. The course organiser is the STRETTO Music Foundation, ul. Cechowa 13 a, 30-614 Kraków, hereafter the ‘Foundation’. The Academy is organised in collaboration with the G. and K. Bacewicz Academy of Music in Łódź, Gdańska 32, 90-716 Łódź, Gdańska 32, 90-716 Łódź, hereafter the ‘Academy of Music’.
- The Academy will run from 19 to 26 August 2019 at the buildings of Academy of Music.
- The Academy is intended for students and graduates of institutions of higher musical education and for particularly talented pupils of secondary schools of music. These Individuals who declare to attend The Academy will be termed hereafter ‘Participants’.
- The Foundation and the Academy of Music will not take any responsibilities for the Participants under 16 years old. The participation of those will be possible only with the presence of a parent or an official statement from his/her parents allowing the participation on his/her own.
- A participant is guaranteed 4 masterclasses, 60 minutes each.
- Each course during the Academy will be activated with a maximum number of 15 participants. The higher maximum number will be established by each Professor or exceptionally by the Director. The number of accepted Participants is limited.
- Online application form must be filled out and submitted by all students. The deadline for the submission is June 14th 2019. The Director reserves the right to accept late submissions under exceptional circumstances.
The application form must be:
– Filled out on the official website of the Academy (www.bisma.pl)
– Submitted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org along with the requested documentation (photo, biography, proof of payment).
- Applicants must enclose along with the online application form:
- Artistic biography in English
- Proof of the payment of the non-refundable application fee of 60 EUR paid to the account of the Foundation:
STRETTO Music Foundation, Cechowa 13A, 30-614 Krakow, Poland,
mBank S.A. FORMERLY BRE BANK S.A. (RETAIL BANKING) LODZ, Skrytka pocztowa 2108, 90-959 Łódź 2
(IBAN): PL76 1140 2004 0000 3712 0712 8053
- The final decision regarding the acceptance of a Participant for the Academy will be taken by the Director, based on the video recording submitted via the online application form and the participant’s biography. That decision will be communicated to the Participant by email no later than 30 June 2019. The decision to accept or reject a Participant is final and cannot be appealed.
- The Foundation reserve the right to assign a Participant to another masterclass, where space allows, in the following cases: a large number of applications; a Professor not accepting a Participant for his/her class; some other exceptional circumstances.
- The total course fee of the Academy is 490 EUR. The fee includes accommodation (no food provided) in a shared double/ twin room in thehotel B&B Hotel Łódź Centrum Kościuszki 16 90-419 Łódź.
- Upon acceptance of participation, reimbursement of the course fee will not be allowed in case of withdrawal from the Academy.
- During the Academy, there are plans for a public concerts featuring Participants.
Each participant will have a right to apply for student public concerts. The final program of the concerts will be decided by the Professors and the Director.
- At the end of the week of the Academy, each senior professor will nominate two students from his/her class to take part in the Gala Concert where the International Bacewicz Prize will be awarded to the best participant of the 2019 Bacewicz International Summer Music Academy. The decision is final and cannot be appealed.
- An official certificate of attendance will be issued to each student at the end of the Academy.
- The Foundation and the Academy of Music is not responsible for any damage to persons or objects which might occur during the Academy in any area reserved for lessons, practicing studios and concerts. It is Participant’s responsibility to have a valid insurance during his/her stay in Poland for the Academy.
- The Participant hereby agrees for photographs to be taken and for audio and audio-visual recordings (this includes online bordcast) to be made during the Academy and for them to be used in a manner specified in this Regulations and not limited temporally or territorially, transfers to the Foundation, without the need to make any separate statements, the sole right to use and exploit the above – mentioned materials for an unlimited period of time in Poland and abroad, in all forms and fields of audio-visual and non-audio-visual exploitation.
- The Participant hereby agrees for the recordings and photographs to be exploited and disseminated.
- Pursuant to Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (OJ EU L 119 of 04.05.2016), hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”, the Foundation informs that:
- Personal data are controlled by STRETTO Music Foundation, ul. Cechowa 13 a, 30-614 Kraków entered into the public Register of Associations, other Social and Professional Organizations, the Foundation and Independent Public Healthcare Facilities in the District Court for Kraków-Śródmieście in Kraków, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under the number 0000720910, NIP [Tax Identification Number]: 679-31-66-387 phone number: +48 732 779 532, e-mail address email@example.com
- The personal data of the Participant are processed for the purpose of e-mail correspondence, conclusion and settlement of the contract, as well as to enable the inspection of documents in which the personal data are included by institutions authorised to do so.
- The personal data of the Participant may be transferred to the following recipients or categories of recipients of personal data, i.e. postal operators, courier companies, security companies, law firms, entities handling correspondence.
- The Participant shall have the right to request from Data Controller access to the personal data of the Participant, rectification of personal data, restriction of processing of personal data subject to the cases referred to in Article 18(2) of the GDPR, or the right to object to the processing or to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- The Participant shall not have right of erasure of personal data and the right to transfer personal data.
- The personal data of the Participant shall be kept for the period necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected; however, they will not be erased before the date of limitation for claims arising from the contract or earlier than the time limits in which the documents containing personal data of the Participant may be inspected.
- The processing of personal data of the Participant is necessary, supported by law, and does not require the Participant’s consent.
- With regard to the personal data of the Participant, the decisions shall not be taken by automated means in accordance with Article 22 of the GDPR.
- Any queries regarding the Academy should be made by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by telephone +48 732 779 532.
- In all matters not decided on by the Professors, decisions will be made by the Director. The Foundation will also resolve any doubts concerning the interpretation of the present regulations.
- Any disputes will be resolved by the common court proper to the Foundation’s headquarters.
- The present regulations are drawn up only in English and are required to be signed by every Participant upon arrival to the Bacewicz International Summer Music Academy.
Download in PDF: